Un...
- ....expected: Snow on the last day of April!
- ...planed : On today's agenda, Cruz de Ferro (Iron Cross). Originally, this was possibly a place to worship Hermes, the Greek god of travelers. For thousands of years, people leave here a stone taken back from home. For Christians,this symbolizes that at Judgement Day, the stone hopefully will weight in favor of their good deeds. For others, this is the dropping of a "soul weight" i.e. something to forget, to leave behind. I am Gemini, so both, just in case! I planned to wake up when everyone had left my hotel, but before the pilgrims from the previous village catch up, and so be alone at the Cruz de Ferro. But I had not counted on the group of 40 Polish bikers that arrived just when I was having my mini-spiritual moment... At least, I got a pic taken by them!
- ....expected: After the plains from Castilla y Leon, landscape has become more varied and challenging to walk:
- ....likely: In Manjarin a village situated 9450km from Machu Pichu, already mentioned in XI century history books, but that somehow never took off, I met the only man living there with 2 cats, a dog and some chickens, caiming to be a knight of the Templars!
No comments:
Post a Comment