Sunday, 7 April 2013

First stop for a pilgrim is the pilgrim center, where you get a pass for collecting an official stamp on each leg of the Way. Once arrived in Santiago, pilgrims get the official credential letter that they actually made the Way.  So whilst I was waiting my turn, I heard this lady explain in broken English to a Korean guy who evidently spoke even less English, that there are two ways to go to Roncesvalles: The Classical already used by the Celts 1500 years ago to cross the Pyrenees, or the route which Napoleon  made to invade Spain. The later is 400m higher and currently closed, due to snow, fog and also because another Korean died there last week trying to cross the pass... From his smilling expression, I doubt the Korean understood the story! Anyway, I decided to take the less strenuous, Classical way, fearing getting lost in fog rather than death, really..... After all, mountains in my country are four times higher than here ;-)

Thought of the day: Look (better) at the signs!

Person of the day: The barefoot (hippy) princess. She takes pilgrims inherhouse who claim not having money for a bed for free... And walks around barefoot of course. Definitely another world!

No comments:

Post a Comment