Monday, 8 April 2013

Pamplona

Pamplona, Capital of Navarra and famous for its running of bulls through the streets at the city's saint patron festivities in summer, as described in Ernest Hemingway's books. It also boasts one of the best law universities in Spain and very good cuisine (with fresh vegetables and unlikely delicatessen such as thistles - really nice I found, though in my country normally only donkeys eat them...) So after four days of pilgrim menu (always correct and good price, however simple and heavy on the carb side) I splashed out on a nice dinner with fantastic local wines and a waitress that seemed to come straight out of a Pedro Almodovar film.
Sun is shinning and I saw first blooming cherry tree in the citie's Japanese garden: Spring has arrived at last.... Sakura can begin!
Thought of the day: Do people really look at a person having dinner alone in a restaurant, or is it just an impression?

No comments:

Post a Comment