I started my Way in Saint Jean Pied du Port: Nearest international airport for me being that of Bordeaux .... It was blue sky when I landed. Took the bus into France's 7th largest city and whilst I was sitting on a terrace sipping a glass of red absorbing sunshine in front of Bordeaux elegant, turn-of-the-century train station, I thought for one second about changing plans and to pilgrim from Château to Château tasting local wines. In fact there is a marathon that does that in autumn, where participants dress up for it (sounds more fun than other marathons I heard of). However, I stuck to the plan, took the train through the old duchy of Aquitaine to city of Bayonne, where I change to a minuscule, one wagon train that took me to medieval town of Saint Jean Pied du Port (300m above sea level).
Thought of the day: Did I forget something?
No comments:
Post a Comment