So far I slept twice in a nun convent, time to try a monk convent: so the convent of Samos (Benedict order) almost perfectly fitted the bill. I wanted to sleep there because of the historic setting, funded VI century, oldest this, largest that....bla, bla, bla... eventually it burnt down in 1951 and only few, non-wood treasures survived, like a fountain with Neiredas: Naked, breasted water-goddesses in the middle of the convent!
Instead many snorers in the room: When I arrived, the receptionist convinced me with the argument the room was only half full. However by the time I went on the tour of the convent, mass and dinner, the place had filled completely (62 pax!) and during the night I attended a snoring contest. Isn't it weird that people who snore don't wake up, it's always the others? I don't understand people who spend one month, i.e their whole holidays in such rooms, sleeping so little... Maybe they are the snorers?
Ps. You may ask yourself if "Samos" has something to do with the Greek homonymous island. Indirectly: It means in the languages of the Goths "land of monks".




No comments:
Post a Comment