How quickly the last 100 km mark has passed: Before yesterday, I passed the 100km mile stone (not very glamourous) and today only 45km left. In proportion to kilometers left, the number of people on trail have increased: I see much more Spaniards or other groups ready to walk the last 100km and so get the same credential than those who have walked 800km, or more... somehow unfair, but then that is the camino, that is life.
And whilst weather for the last couple of days has been ideal for walking (sunshine & mild temperatures) today it rained all day: Ideal weather to to stop in Melide, the capital of pulp (octopus) to eat some tapas and drink some local white (Albariño or Ribeiro) however not that ideal to walk another 15km afterwards: I felt so tired. Though, I was in company of two Spanish guys, cracking one joke after the other and a butcher (girl) hapelly confessing missing cutting to pieces chickens and rabbits!

No comments:
Post a Comment